Tara Padua of Next Fem hosted our own Dr. Luk on The NextFem Podcast to discuss her personal story and “Fertility Fog.”
Here are the episode highlights, but be sure to give the whole podcast a listen!
- 3:13 – The origin of her passion for reproductive medicine
- 4:18 – How the field of fertility is different than 20 years ago
- 6:06 – Becoming an entrepreneur and choosing a co-founder
- 10:45 – Managing the business with empathy and compassion
- 14:48 – How the infertility process is treated
- 15:54 – Challenges as an entrepreneur
- 20:15 – Why fertility is a touchy subject
- 27:24 – Tips on talking about infertility with family and friends
- 29:42 – The stress of infertility on relationships
- 32:29 – The relationship between fertility, motherhood, and having it all
- 34:34 – Integrating infertility into professional conversations
Check out the Next Fem blog post for the whole write up and browse the site for great leadership resources for women!