Dear Generation Next Fertility Patients,
We are open! In this ever changing COVID-19 environment, we have implemented additional measures to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff.
We are not cancelling procedures at this point but we are closely monitoring the COVID situation screening patients for symptoms, contacts in the last 14 days, and travel history. Every patient is being treated on a case-by-case basis, like always. There have been some patients to whom we’ve recommended postponing procedures due to their particular circumstances, but this is a small majority of patients.
We are constantly monitoring updates from the CDC, New York State Department of Health and NYC for additional guidance regarding preventing the spread of COVID-19, as well as guidance from the ASRM (American Society for Reproductive Medicine). However, we are not passively waiting for guidance to take measures to protect patients and staff including additional cleaning protocols of all surfaces and close monitoring of all staff and patients.
In order to maintain the highest level of safety, our monitoring appointments (blood work & ultrasounds) and procedures will continue but will be by appointment ONLY. If you, anyone in your household, or contacts have recently exhibited flu-like symptoms within the last 30 days and you are scheduled for monitoring or a procedure, we ask that you call us in advance to discuss.
We are instituting additional safety precautions in accordance with governmental agencies to decrease the risk of spread:
- The number of office appointments per hour will be limited
- All non-clinical staff is working remotely
- The schedule for in-office staff is rotating to minimize/eliminate overlap and therefore minimize the risk of exposure. More specifically, we have divided into teams so that if one team is exposed and must be quarantined, other teams will be able to continue to take care of our patients in the office.
- Patients are asked not to bring guests/partners to their visits unless necessary to escort them home from a procedure
- We are limiting all other people allowed in the office (e.g. deliveries, service workers, etc.)
- Every surface is being frequently and rigorously cleaned
As health recommendations are changing rapidly, we encourage everyone to follow instructions from state and local health departments and updates issued by the CDC, NYS and NYC websites regarding evolving developments.
Lastly, as a reminder to our patients and their families, to limit the potential spread of COVID-19, we recommend the following:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty or if you have been around those that are sick.
- Cover nose with a tissue or elbow – not hands – when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe (Lysol or Clorox type products).
- Avoid travel as much as possible, especially to areas with active outbreaks of COVID-19 and remain away from others that may have traveled to such areas of a minimum of 14 days.
- Practice social distancing; avoid large gatherings.
- If you are actively sick with fever, cough or shortness of breath, please stay home until the symptoms have passed for 14 days to prevent the spread of disease to others.
- Please contact your primary care physician if you are ill or have any health concerns.
Please note that the safety of our patients and staff is our top priority and we will continue to do everything we can to ensure that. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
With love and hope, we will get through this together to achieve your dreams.
From our Generation Next family to yours.